You may, as a patient, openly communicate your dissatisfaction, and raise questions or concerns about the service you have received at the Indian Health Board (IHB) of Minneapolis without fear. IHB wants to know about your dissatisfaction or concerns, so we can work to improve our practices.

If you are dissatisfied with our services, please tell one of our employees. They all can assist you in resolving difficulties. If an individual employee is unable to help you, they will involve your health care provider or a manager in an attempt to resolve the problem. If you remain dissatisfied or still have concerns, you may file a formal complaint by filling out a complaint form or contacting the Chief Operating Officer at 612-721-9888. If necessary, an employee will help you fill out the complaint form. You can anticipate a clinic representative to contact you, to discuss your concerns, as soon as possible after filing the complaint form. If you continue to have unresolved questions or concerns, you may contact Administration at 612-721-9843, to speak with a member of the senior management team.

You can make a complaint or file a grievance in other ways:

  • You may complain to the licensing board or agency governing the practice of the professional(s) providing service to you. A Department Director or Manager can provide information regarding the procedure for filing a complaint with the respective board, as well as the address or telephone number of the licensing board or agency.
  • You may complain to The Joint Commission (TJC). IHB is accredited through TJC, which monitors our compliance with standards of care. You may contact them at Office of Quality Monitoring, The Joint Commission, One Renaissance Boulevard, Oakbrook Terrance, IL 60181; phone: (800) 994-6610; Fax: (630) 792-5636; email: More information about the complaint process is available at
  • You may file a discrimination complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights (OCR), electronically through the OCR Complaint Portal (, or by mail or phone at: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, 200 Independence Avenue, SW Room 509F, HHH Building, Washington, D.C. 20201, 1-800-368-1019, 800-537-7697 (TDD). Complaint forms are available at