Chronic Disease Prevention and Treatment
Our 16-week weight loss curriculum is open to any Native American over the age of 18 with the diagnosis of pre-diabetes.
- Specialty clinic and screenings
- Hands-on educational classes and support luncheons
- Individualized lifestyle programs and Coach
- Earn incentives to lose weight
- Exercise and self-management program
- Free fitness center membership to active program participants
Diabetes Management Program*
We offer Care Coordination support and comprehensive care to patients diagnosed with diabetes through IHB’s medical, dental and health and wellness programs.
- Classes, support groups and individual education led by certified diabetes educators (registered nurses and dieticians)
- Cooking classes for families to learn basic kitchen skills, family nutrition, grocery shopping on a budget, and planning family meals
- Foot clinic and dental appointments
- On site eye screening for diabetic retinopathy
- All community is welcome to attend monthly diabetes-related bingo with food and prizes!
*IHB’s Diabetes Program is recognized by the American Diabetes Association